To mark Mental Health Awareness Week, broadcaster Together TV’s Together For Good Sunflower Challenge will give away an extra 300,000 sunflower seeds. This is on top of the 100,000 given away when the campaign launched to connect people to their communities.
- The campaign provides seeds, a grow chart and 12-week guided growing journey with TV gardener Danny Clarke, along with growing tips from gardening expert Philip Turvil, former programme director of Kew Gardens whether it be on a plot of land or just in a simple window box.
- Thousands of people across Yorkshire and the Midlands have already signed up for the Sunflower Challenge.
- Charities, companies, Mutual Aid groups and community groups from across the UK, including Worthing, Kent, North Staffordshire, Hoo Peninsula and more, are supporting the challenge by promoting and rallying locals to join the initiative.
- National charities like Jo Cox Foundation, Field Studies Council and more are also supporting the initiative.
- To join over 20k people who have already registered for free seeds, people can register here: www.togethertv.com/sunflowerchallenge