Calling for reinforcements! Two new roles have opened up at Together TV
Are you experienced in Charity PR and partnerships, or keen to develop further in scheduling? Come join Together TV, the UK's social purpose broadcaster!
We have two open vacancies for a PR & Partnerships Manager and a Scheduling Assistant to join our small but mighty team that strives to inspire positive change through telly.
Send your applications to the respective contacts using the links below. The deadline for applications for both roles is 5.00 pm Friday, 4th June.
PR & Partnerships Manager
The PR & Partnerships Manager is responsible for leading our PR communications and partnerships delivery with external organisations across the media, creative and voluntary sectors. This role will identify and build relationships with key press, stakeholders, build local and national partnerships as that add value to our activities and drive brand awareness, and provide expert advice internally on public relations, stakeholder engagement and public affairs.
You will engage with and enhance our twenty-year relationships with the public service broadcasters BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and ViacomCBS, TV platform operators Sky, Freeview/Arqiva, Virgin Media and freesat, along with continuing to develop our partnerships with Facebook, Google and others in the creative, news and media sectors.
We work with dozens of national and local charities, voluntary sector associations and community groups, and we are seeking to increase the reach, scale and engagement of our work in this area.
This role reports to our Head of Marketing and will work closely with the channel’s content and marketing teams and with our platform and digital partners.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion and would particularly welcome applications from people from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds.
PR & Communications
1. Plan and deliver creative and impactful PR activity across consumer and trade press to drive awareness of Together TV, our initiatives and our impact
2. Raise the profile of key Together TV programmes to both consumer and trade audiences through press highlights, talent-led features and targeted activity
3. Raise the profile of Together TV to key media and charity stakeholders along with public affairs stakeholders (regulators, government, civil service)
Partnership Development & Relationship Management
1. Engage and enhance our partnerships with existing high-profile stakeholders and media, creative and charity partners
2. Deepen and develop new partnerships across civil society and charity partners, leading in the research and identification of potential new partners, and be comfortable building relationships with different types, structures and scales of partners
3. Create comms and activity calendar regarding stakeholder engagement
4. Lead on our stakeholder (B2B) communications and engagement, being data lead for our CRM in this area (ensuring all partner contacts, notes and data remain up-to-date)
5. Broker new partnerships with trade bodies, coalitions and policy groups
6. Public affairs planning and responding to parliamentary and regulatory consultations
7. Work with marketing colleagues on LinkedIn campaigns to raise our stakeholder engagement
Partner Communications, Reporting and KPIs
1. Write high quality communications, proposals, reports and presentations for internal and external stakeholders, liaising with marketing and freelance designers/creatives as needed
2. Create annual and ad hoc reports detailing our partnership activity for each partner
3. Meet organisational and working KPIs regarding partner and stakeholder engagement
1. At least 4 years’ experience in media, charity or corporate PR and/or partnerships
2. A strong mix of creative and communications skills and experienced in devising, delivering and evaluating PR and communications activity and campaigns
3. Experience working with stakeholders at all levels of organizations
4. Understanding of partnership work, partner needs and how to create value for both parties
5. Ability to craft compelling narratives for external audiences
6. Excellent relationship management, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
7. Ability to work independently, yet communicate clearly and regularly with the wider team
8. Skilled networker, able to influence and win support from multiple key stakeholders
9. Strong existing network across the charity and media sectors
10. Experience with PR databases, CRM management and creating presentations
11. The ability to communicate effectively and motivate partners
12. Ability to manage a busy and varied workload, able to deliver to deadlines
13. Ability to work collaboratively across a number of teams
14. Understanding of social impact and behaviour change
15. Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation principles
16. Commitment to equal opportunities and the aims and values of Together TV
The above job description is a guide to the work you may be required to undertake but does not form part of your contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
Together TV values diversity and is an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply:
The Scheduling Assistant work across our content and scheduling activities. This role will include the selection, compliance, preparation and delivery of content and presentation schedules across our linear and on-demand platforms and partnerships. There may be occasional transmission issues that need resolving outside office hours so the person in this role may need to be on call on evenings, weekends and public holidays (as are at least three or four other members of the team).
1. Prepare presentation schedules for sign-off, ensuring they adhere to Ofcom regulations
2. Ensure graphics and CTAs align with our engagement and social impact campaigns
3. Delivery of EPG and listings data to all platforms when required
4. Work with advertising partner to ensure ads are delivered on time
5. Solve transmission problems and sending daily TX logs, Asruns and PRS reports
6. Support provision of programmes made available via catch-up or on-demand
7. Ad hoc work on monthly programme schedules when needed.
1. Content duties for some programmes including rights, metadata and Ofcom compliance
2. Support content team in programme selection, development and working with distributors
3. Screening and reviewing new films sent to us by independent filmmakers
1. Some experience in a broadcast environment preferable
2. Aptitude for programme management and scheduling systems
3. Hardworking and flexible work ethic
4. Confident attitude, able to communicate well and proactively uses initiative
5. Ability to work collaboratively, manage a varied workload, and deliver to deadlines
6. Commitment to the aims and values of Together TV
The above job description is a guide to the work you may be required to undertake but does not form part of your contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances. Together TV values diversity and is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and would particularly welcome applications from people from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds.
How to apply: