Sunflower Challenge 2022 Press Release
Together TV to distribute 500,000 sunflower seeds to boost well-being and connect communities again
- Together TV has launched their second annual Sunflower Challenge
- Brits are being challenged to join the journey, get FREE seed kits and improve their wellbeing by connecting with communities
- In 2021, over 10,000 of the 52,000 Sunflower Challenge growers began socialising within their communities
- Almost 30% of participants began spending less time alone due to their involvement with the Sunflower Challenge
- Budding growers will be guided through the journey by TV Gardner, Danny Clarke, with support from Award-Winning Garden Designer, Fran Lawton.
- There are only 50,000 sunflower seed kits and journey places available so register NOW!
With the first few weeks of spring, Together TV launches its second annual Sunflower Challenge Monday 11 April 202. The social purpose initiative invites Brits to register for FREE sunflower seed kits and join the 12-week journey with a 50,000 strong community of growers.
As the broadcaster who inspires positive social change, Together TV has opened registration to join the 2022 Sunflower Challenge. This year they are aiming to send out sunflower seed kits to 50,000 households across the United Kingdom. Each kit includes sunflower seeds, access to the 12-week step-by-step growing journey, exclusive videos and tips for all stages and abilities from the Sunflower Challenge Host, TV gardener Danny Clarke, alongside Award-Winning Garden Designer, Fran Lawton.
Together TV’s Sunflower Challenge was created in 2021 as a way to connect communities and boost well-being through a new hobby, all to improve well-being and reduce social isolation. Throughout the journey, there were three well-being check-ins where the 52k participants were able to score their feelings in a variety of areas, including optimism about the future, relaxation and clarity of thought – all areas were significantly increased from the first to the third check-in.
Stand out statistics from the inaugural Sunflower Challenge were –
- A fifth of participants revealed they socialised more within their communities, equating to 10,000 of the 52,000 participants
- Over 4,000 people in Britain joined their local gardening group as a direct result of their positive experience with the Sunflower Challenge
- 25% felt closer to their communities during and after taking part in the Sunflower Challenge.
- By the third well-being check-in, almost 30% of participants had started to spend less time on their own.
- 25% of growers had shared their seeds/sunflowers with friends or family
- Just over 1,500 people stated they had taken this opportunity to connect with their friends and family by doing the challenge together
Francesca Aita, Head of Campaigns for Together TV said: “We were so amazed by the response to the first Sunflower Challenge. The idea began as a way to help improve mental health, as well as keep communities together and reduce social isolation during the COVID19 lockdowns. By looking at the sheer number of Brits who took part in the challenge and the results of our well-being check-ins, this campaign exceeded all our expectations. We are delighted to be able to bring the Sunflower Challenge back for a second year with the aim to help more people onboard with practical inspiration and meaningful connections”.
TV Gardener, Danny Clarke, explains: “I am so excited to be a part of Together TV’s Sunflower Challenge for a second year. It is such a great campaign and I love that it encourages the UK population to get into gardening, no matter their previous gardening skills and abilities. I cannot wait to get started with all our new 2022 Sunflower Challenge growers!”
Register to join the journey and get FREE seeds by -
- Filling in the online form here
- Texting “Together” and their full name to 80800for free
- Calling Together TV directly on 020 3196 1562
Together TV broadcasts on Freeview 83, Sky 170, Virgin Media 269 and Freesat 164 and delivers its change-making campaigns through its engagement platform, website, fulfilment partners and social media channels.
Preliminary images are available here -
Further videos and images will be available from Tuesday 12 April 2022.
For further information, assets or spokesperson interviews, please contact:
Julia Newbound, PR Manager, Together TV
020 3196 1562
Notes to Editors
About Together TV
Together TV is the UK broadcaster inspiring positive change. We run a national TV channel and engagement platform to motivate people to do good in their lives and communities.
We programme entertainment shows that focus on wellbeing and creativity, whilst championing diverse voices. In doing so, we open our audience’s eyes to the opportunities around them and motivate them to take part.
As a result of watching, our viewers change attitudes, improve their wellbeing, gain confidence, do more for themselves and connect with their community.
Together TV broadcasts on Freeview 83, Sky 170, Virgin 269 and Freesat 164, and delivers its change-making campaigns through its engagement platform, website, fulfilment partner and social media channels.
Together TV is owned by over two hundred individual shareholders with a wider group of funders and donors alongside the media and digital industry.
The Community Benefit Society and its board include representatives from the broadcasters and charity sector alongside its elected Members.
The Community Channel operating as Together TV is a charitable Community Benefit Society registered with the FCA (RS007400).
The Together TV Annual Report 2020/21 is available to download