A spot on Together TV's Board of Trustees has opened up!
Together TV is the UK's first community owned channel and its board of trustees play a vital role in achieving our mission of inspiring positive change. The CBS Board of Trustees and Directors is the governing body of the CBS (The Community Channel operating as Together TV) and is ultimately accountable for everything it does.
The Trustees must act in the best interests of the Society and its beneficiaries. The role of Senior Independent Director has opened up on our board, find out below what this means.
About the role of Senior Independent Director at Together TV (The Community Channel)
As our Senior Independent Director (SID), you will play a key role in our governance, our strategy, and liaison with external stakeholders particularly those in the media and digital sectors, who underpin the Channel with significant technical, content and marketing support.
You will play a key role in supporting the Chair, CEO and Non-Executive Directors, including in appraising the Chair’s and board’s performance and role, and succession planning and nomination (with a committee) of a new Chair, CEO and Non-Executive Directors, as required.
As SID you will also be a valuable, respected and more ‘independent’, contact for external stakeholders including our major supporters across the media and digital sector. You will have a role in reviewing and supporting our wider governance and diversity, including board representation of our Members (community shareholders) and our media supporters.
As a Director and Trustee, your skills and experience will make a direct difference to Together TV and everyone we work with, supporting and developing our work including our strategy and future plans, our aims, objectives, goals and policy decisions. You will also help ensure that we remain accountable to our Members (community shareholders), stakeholders, beneficiaries, regulators and the public in general.
You won’t be on your own, you will be joining a board of Directors and Trustees drawn from the media industry, Media Trust, the charity sector, our staff and our Members.
You will ideally bring:
• High-level experience and skills in board management, NED roles, governance, diversity and inclusion, and senior executive management, ideally in the media or digital sectors.
• In-depth knowledge and experience of the UK media and digital sectors, and how they can best engage with, support and benefit from the Channel as a strategic partner.
• Ability to engage with a range of external and internal stakeholders, particularly at senior leadership level, with sensitivity and excellent judgement, and inspiration to strengthen our partnerships.
• Experience and skills to contribute to strategy at board and senior team level.
• A strong and proven interest in social impact-driven organisations and charities.