New Vacancy: Content Manager
£30,000 - 6 months (Fixed-Term Contract)
Reporting to the Chief Executive, we’re looking for content specialist to lead on our programming for Together TV. This will involve acquiring new programmes – largely in the factual and fact ent genres - from the leading broadcasters, distributors, independent filmmakers, charities and social enterprises.
This role is all about audience-driving and impact-driving content, with real-life stories and trusted presenters enabling viewers to find their way into making a change in their lives. Our programming is entertaining and informative, with learning and practical takeaways being a key element in what our audience wants.
This role also leads on content strategy, programme acquisitions, business affairs, compliance and other content-related activities. It is also crucial that the person in this role continues to develop our strong working relationships with our 20+ media partners, charity impact partners, and will represent the channel at advisory groups, AGM and industry events.
We need someone with deep experience of the TV programming and distribution landscape, a strong negotiator, and passionate about how content be the catalyst for social change.
- Source and acquire content for television, online and social video platforms, ideally 20-30 hours of new material each month for linear broadcast
- Create the editorial calendar and a strong content pipeline by developing relationships with broadcasters, distributors, independent filmmakers and social good organisations
- Develop and commission any co-productions the channel enters into
- Establish strong content relationships with broadcasters including BBC, BBC Studios, ITV, Channel 4, Sky, and Discovery in particular
- Organise content deliverables and the content preparation process, namely contracts, media, compliance, metadata and music reporting.
- Compliance view all material to be broadcast on TV / on-demand
- Develop programming themes, strands and stunts to drive audiences and impact
- Create monthly highlights for internal distribution
- Act as creative lead on programme development and production as opportunities arise
- Work closely with our Scheduling Manager to advise programme planning and presentation
- Work closely with the marketing team to inform and help prioritise VOD, social video, website highlights, content-led marketing activity
- Feed audience ratings / insight back into the content strategy/acquisition process
- Write scripts for continuity/presentation/promos when needed
- Recruit, manage and train interns
- At least 3 years’ experience in factual / fact ent TV programming / distribution, experience in production and digital / social video a bonus
- Strong editorial judgement and an eye for programming and content trends
- Experienced in developing strong relationships with key partners
- Experienced in content rights, compliance, metadata and content operations
- Trained in broadcast compliance and Ofcom codes (ideally including COSTA, BCAP)
- Experienced in creating editorial calendars and content management
- Experienced in audience strategy and driving viewing, engagement and activations
- Excellent project management, planning and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of an organisation
- A commitment to social change, campaigning and community development
- Understanding of social impact, behaviour change and theories of change a bonus
- Commitment to equal opportunities and the aims and values of Together TV
Read the Full Job Description here >>
How to apply:
We are looking for someone to start immediately, subject to any notice periods. If this role feels right for you, please email your CV and a covering letter describing how your skills and experience match our requirements, together with the completed Equal Opportunities form to the email address specified in the attachment with the name of the role you are applying for in the subject heading.