Join our team as our new Scheduling Assistant
Have you always dreamed of working in TV? Together TV has a unique opening and it's the perfect step for anyone looking to kickstart a career in television.
Apply for our open position of Scheduling Assistant to join its small team that strives to inspire postive change through telly.
You can read the full job description below. The deadline for application is 5 pm, Friday 14th October 2022.
Job Title: Scheduling Assistant
Reporting to: Head of Content & Scheduling
Contract Type: 6 Month FTC initially
About Together TV
Together TV is the UK’s social purpose broadcaster, inspiring positive change. We encourage our viewers to do good in their lives and communities. With brilliant, award-winning programmes and the chance to better the neighbourhood, Together TV is on the main TV platforms, runs a streaming service and is on several social media channels.
Together TV is owned cooperatively by over two hundred people with a wider group of donors and backers including twenty leading media organisations.
The Scheduling Assistant work across our content and scheduling activities. This role will include the selection, compliance, preparation and delivery of content and presentation schedules across our linear and on-demand platforms and partnerships. There may be occasional transmission issues that need resolving outside office hours so the person in this role may need to be on call on evenings, weekends and public holidays (as are at least three or four other members of the team).
- 1. Prepare presentation schedules for sign-off, ensuring they adhere to Ofcom regulations
- 2. Ensure graphics and CTAs align with our engagement and social impact campaigns
- 3. Delivery of EPG and listings data to all platforms when required
- 4. Work with advertising partner to ensure ads are delivered on time
- 5. Solve transmission problems and sending daily TX logs, Asruns and PRS reports
- 6. Support provision of programmes made available via catch-up or on-demand
- 7. Ad hoc work on monthly programme schedules when needed.
- 1. Content duties for some programmes including rights, metadata and Ofcom compliance
- 2. Support content team in programme selection, development and working with distributors
- 3. Screening and reviewing new films sent to us by independent filmmakers
- 1. Some experience in a broadcast environment preferable
- 2. Aptitude for programme management and scheduling systems
- 3. Hardworking and flexible work ethic
- 4. Confident attitude, able to communicate well and proactively uses initiative
- 5. Ability to work collaboratively, manage a varied workload, and deliver to deadlines
- 6. Commitment to the aims and values of Together TV
The above job description is a guide to the work you may be required to undertake but does not form part of your contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
Why Together TV
There are lots of reasons why working at Together TV is great.
Here you can find some of them:
- We are a unique outfit: a social purpose channel operated by a charity, so your work will positively affect people’s lives. Is there any better reason to get up in the morning?
- Being introduced to a tight-knit team, you will have the rare opportunity to see how a broadcaster works by collaborating day-by-day with other departments
- 30 days annual leave per year (pro rata)
- Training and professional development opportunities, thanks to our partners and supporters
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support you both personally and professionally
- Opportunity to attend industry events
- Hybrid working
- A collaborative and supportive office culture
Together TV values diversity and is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and would particularly welcome applications from people from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds as well as all disabilities. We do our best to welcome everyone to this process. Do you have specific accessibility requirements for the application? Please get in touch so we can support with alternative options: [email protected]
Closing date: 5pm, Friday 21st October 2022
How to apply: