The Hospice: the new ground breaking TV series

Every moment matters at The Hospice.

The Hospice is the new, ground breaking series focusing on the lives of the patients under the care of ellenor - a British hospice based in Kent that provides individualized approach to end of life care.

Commissioned by Together and produced by Knickerbockerglory – the creators of Channel 5’s long-running series ‘GP: Behind Closed Doors’, The Hospice gives viewers a unique opportunity to witness the incredible palliative care provided to patients of all ages by the amazing staff and volunteers at ellenor.

Together will broadcast the first of 13 hour-long episodes on Tuesday 8th May at 10pm.  The series will show how every precious moment matters as it follows the deeply personal stories of adults and children who are receiving end-of-life care both in their own homes, and at the ellenor inpatient ward in Gravesend.

Also highlighted is the inspirational way that the hospice staff and volunteers support the patients who are terminally ill and their families.  Their expertise, passion and commitment create a warm, restful and even happy environment, enabling precious family time together.

Along with revealing the incredible work at ellenor, Together is partnering with Hospice UK and Together For Short Lives for the series to highlight the need of support of the hospices across the UK encouraging viewers to raise awareness for their vital work during Dying Matters Week (14-20 May) and Children’s Hospice Week (21-27 May), along with ongoing calls to action throughout June and July.

Watch The Hospice, from the 8th of May at 10pm. New and exclusive on Together.

Comments (21)

1. Marjorie Pearson 4 weeks 1 day ago

On which channel can I now watch Community or Together TV as it now seems to be called I cannot see the choice on my listing.

Thank you.

2. TogetherTVAdmin 3 weeks 3 days ago

Hi Marjorie,

here our channels: Freeview 93, Sky 159, Virgin 269, freesat 164. Hope you will be able to find us now.

See you there!

Francesca

3. Julia Walker-Thompson 3 weeks 6 days ago

How do I enter competition

4. TogetherTVAdmin 3 weeks 3 days ago

Hi Julia,

you can enter the competition here: https://togethertv.typeform.com/to/Vjyfkq

Hurry up! Ends on the 4th May.

Good luck :)

francesca

5. CECI 3 weeks 3 days ago

I was wonder when you will be showing the story about David Till?
    And I was also wondering can I watch your shows online?

Ceci S Alba

6. TogetherTVAdmin 3 weeks 3 days ago

Hi Ceci,

David's is one of the moving stories of The Hospice. This new and exclusive TV series starts on Tuesday the 8th May at 10pm on Together. David is featured mostly in the second episode. To keep up to date with the episodes, I suggest you subscribe to our newsletter ;)

Many thanks,

Francesca

7. Karen 3 weeks 1 day ago

Which episode features Roger the gardener who has now retired. I was there for the filming and am a volunteer gardener. Sadly I can't get channel 93 on my freeview box....will I be able to watch online?
    Thanks.

8. TogetherTVAdmin 2 weeks 3 days ago

Hi Karen,

yes, you will be able to catch up with episode 1 tomorrow on our website, The Shows page>The Hospice

Roger should be featured in the second episode, on air on Tuesday next week at 10pm.

Hope this helps!

francesca

9. Jean styles 2 weeks 3 days ago

Cannot get channel 93 on free view box nor free view tv

10. TogetherTVAdmin 2 weeks 2 days ago

Hi Jean,

have you ever watched our channel before using the same freeview box receiver? If so, Freeview has recently changed all channels' frequencies, and some viewers are experiencing issues to tune in.

Please let us know! thanks

11. Georgie 2 weeks 2 days ago

Hi when will Indira be shown <3

12. TogetherTVAdmin 2 weeks 2 days ago

Hi Georgie,

Indira is featured in episode 11, scheduled in July. Stick with us!

Many thanks,

francesca

13. S E Porter 2 weeks 2 days ago

Could I ask which autoimmune disease David has as my husband also suffers from a rare condition aswell?
    Thank you.

14. Mags 2 weeks 2 days ago

Can't seem to find where I can watch the first part in this excellent series again?
    I want to send the watch again link to friends and colleagues.
    Any help greatly appreciated

15. TogetherTVAdmin 1 week 3 days ago

Hi Mags,

thanks for your lovely comment! Of course you can watch the first episode here: https://www.togethertv.com/hospice-episode-1

Thanks!

16. COLIN 2 weeks 2 days ago

is there a phone number we can call togerther tv on. this is rather urgent i can get in touch with you

17. TogetherTVAdmin 1 week 3 days ago

Hi Colin,

sure! Our phone number is 020 3196 1562. Hope this helps!

thanks

18. sheena 2 weeks 1 day ago

I watched the first episode of the Hospice (recorded) this morning. However I cannot series link it on Sky and don't know why? It just does not give me that option? It was a brilliant and heartwarming documentary. Many of my friends/family have passed through its doors.

19. TogetherTVAdmin 1 week 3 days ago

Hi Sheena,

series link with Sky is now fixed and should be work. Please let us know!

Thanks

20. Lorna 1 week 6 days ago

Hi I received a message from an unknown person advising that my interview was showing in episode 9. Can you she'd any more light on this please? Is it in relation to Alison Hannington?

21. TogetherTVAdmin 1 week 2 days ago

Hi Lorna,

could you please get in touch via email? Please write directly to Cheri at ellenor hospice: [email protected]

Many thanks,