The Hospice: the new ground breaking TV series

Every moment matters at The Hospice.

The Hospice is the new, ground breaking series focusing on the lives of the patients under the care of ellenor - a British hospice based in Kent that provides individualized approach to end of life care.

Commissioned by Together and produced by Knickerbockerglory – the creators of Channel 5’s long-running series ‘GP: Behind Closed Doors’, The Hospice gives viewers a unique opportunity to witness the incredible palliative care provided to patients of all ages by the amazing staff and volunteers at ellenor.

Together will broadcast the first of 13 hour-long episodes on Tuesday 8th May at 10pm.  The series will show how every precious moment matters as it follows the deeply personal stories of adults and children who are receiving end-of-life care both in their own homes, and at the ellenor inpatient ward in Gravesend.

Also highlighted is the inspirational way that the hospice staff and volunteers support the patients who are terminally ill and their families.  Their expertise, passion and commitment create a warm, restful and even happy environment, enabling precious family time together.

Along with revealing the incredible work at ellenor, Together is partnering with Hospice UK and Together For Short Lives for the series to highlight the need of support of the hospices across the UK encouraging viewers to raise awareness for their vital work during Dying Matters Week (14-20 May) and Children’s Hospice Week (21-27 May), along with ongoing calls to action throughout June and July.

Watch The Hospice, from the 8th of May at 10pm. New and exclusive on Together.

Comments (37)

1. Marjorie Pearson 7 months 3 weeks ago

On which channel can I now watch Community or Together TV as it now seems to be called I cannot see the choice on my listing.

Thank you.

2. TogetherTVAdmin 7 months 3 weeks ago

Hi Marjorie,

here our channels: Freeview 93, Sky 159, Virgin 269, freesat 164. Hope you will be able to find us now.

See you there!

Francesca

3. Julia Walker-Thompson 7 months 3 weeks ago

How do I enter competition

4. TogetherTVAdmin 7 months 3 weeks ago

Hi Julia,

you can enter the competition here: https://togethertv.typeform.com/to/Vjyfkq

Hurry up! Ends on the 4th May.

Good luck :)

francesca

5. CECI 7 months 3 weeks ago

I was wonder when you will be showing the story about David Till?
    And I was also wondering can I watch your shows online?

Ceci S Alba

6. TogetherTVAdmin 7 months 3 weeks ago

Hi Ceci,

David's is one of the moving stories of The Hospice. This new and exclusive TV series starts on Tuesday the 8th May at 10pm on Together. David is featured mostly in the second episode. To keep up to date with the episodes, I suggest you subscribe to our newsletter ;)

Many thanks,

Francesca

7. Karen 7 months 2 weeks ago

Which episode features Roger the gardener who has now retired. I was there for the filming and am a volunteer gardener. Sadly I can't get channel 93 on my freeview box....will I be able to watch online?
    Thanks.

8. TogetherTVAdmin 7 months 1 week ago

Hi Karen,

yes, you will be able to catch up with episode 1 tomorrow on our website, The Shows page>The Hospice

Roger should be featured in the second episode, on air on Tuesday next week at 10pm.

Hope this helps!

francesca

9. Jean styles 7 months 1 week ago

Cannot get channel 93 on free view box nor free view tv

10. TogetherTVAdmin 7 months 1 week ago

Hi Jean,

have you ever watched our channel before using the same freeview box receiver? If so, Freeview has recently changed all channels' frequencies, and some viewers are experiencing issues to tune in.

Please let us know! thanks

11. Georgie 7 months 1 week ago

Hi when will Indira be shown <3

12. TogetherTVAdmin 7 months 1 week ago

Hi Georgie,

Indira is featured in episode 11, scheduled in July. Stick with us!

Many thanks,

francesca

13. S E Porter 7 months 1 week ago

Could I ask which autoimmune disease David has as my husband also suffers from a rare condition aswell?
    Thank you.

14. Mags 7 months 1 week ago

Can't seem to find where I can watch the first part in this excellent series again?
    I want to send the watch again link to friends and colleagues.
    Any help greatly appreciated

15. TogetherTVAdmin 7 months 1 week ago

Hi Mags,

thanks for your lovely comment! Of course you can watch the first episode here: https://www.togethertv.com/hospice-episode-1

Thanks!

16. COLIN 7 months 1 week ago

is there a phone number we can call togerther tv on. this is rather urgent i can get in touch with you

17. TogetherTVAdmin 7 months 1 week ago

Hi Colin,

sure! Our phone number is 020 3196 1562. Hope this helps!

thanks

18. sheena 7 months 1 week ago

I watched the first episode of the Hospice (recorded) this morning. However I cannot series link it on Sky and don't know why? It just does not give me that option? It was a brilliant and heartwarming documentary. Many of my friends/family have passed through its doors.

19. TogetherTVAdmin 7 months 1 week ago

Hi Sheena,

series link with Sky is now fixed and should be work. Please let us know!

Thanks

20. Lorna 7 months 1 week ago

Hi I received a message from an unknown person advising that my interview was showing in episode 9. Can you she'd any more light on this please? Is it in relation to Alison Hannington?

21. TogetherTVAdmin 7 months 6 days ago

Hi Lorna,

could you please get in touch via email? Please write directly to Cheri at ellenor hospice: [email protected]

Many thanks,

francesca

22. Fiona 7 months 21 hours ago

Hi, having found a friend of the family is to be featured in series I went set up to record. Unfortunately I am unable to receive Channel 93 on my Freeview box despite retuning it this evening. Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks

23. TogetherTVAdmin 6 months 3 weeks ago

Hi Fiona,

you have a few choices if you cannot watch us on TV (Freeview 93, Sky 159, Virgin 269, freesat 164):

- you can watch the new episodes on The Hospice page on our website>>

-  you can watch it live on TV Player  streaming here>>

Hope this helps!

24. Dave 6 months 2 weeks ago

Hi Francesca, before going to work on Thursday or Friday, there was an hour long, 2 programme show of a DIY show. it was on from 5 till 6am. I could only watch 15 minutes of it before having to go, but I really enjoyed it, is there any chance that would be in the catch up category.
    Many thank you's.

25. TogetherTVAdmin 5 months 3 weeks ago

Hi Dave,

found it! The show is 'New Home DIY'. I am afraid we don't have catch up service for it but good news is - the series is coming back in August!

Please feel free to subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date with all our shows: www.togethertv.com/newsletter

Many thanks :)

26. Trevor G Jones 6 months 2 weeks ago

Started watching this on Monday June 4. What a great and interesting couple of programmes so far. Great way to put things over. Interesting about the wild mushrooms on Tuesdays programme. Before meeting my present wife, I went out with a French lady for five years and we went wild mushroom gathering in Scotland as she used to go foraging in France as a little girl with her grandmother. First time I had ever tasted wild mushrooms and realized how different they taste to cultivated ones. Hope you keep the series going,
    Thanks,
    Trevor.

27. TogetherTVAdmin 5 months 3 weeks ago

Hi Trevor,

many thanks for your lovely message. We'll definitely keep that programme going!

Have a good day

28. Sally Baker 6 months 1 week ago

Is it possible to get a DVD of the series? I work at ellenor and some family members can't get the channel and have been unable to see the programme.

29. TogetherTVAdmin 5 months 3 weeks ago

Hi Sally,

many thanks for your message. I am afraid there is no DVD in the pipeline, but you are welcome to record it from the telly/our VOD platforms.

Have a lovely day!

30. Sassy 6 months 1 week ago

Why doesn't this excellent programme have subtitles?

31. TogetherTVAdmin 5 months 3 weeks ago

Hi Sassy,

thanks for your lovely message.

Due to our very limited resources, I am afraid we don't have subtitles for the long form of this series.

However, you are welcome to join us on Facebook where you will find new clips from the show on a weekly basis that we regularly get subtitled (around 20 clips already published so far, all subtitled).

Please find here link to our Facebook page>>

Hope this helps!

32. Nicky Sefer 6 months 1 week ago

I missed last nights episode 6 of the Hospice, when will it be on Together TV catch-up. It has been a fabulous programme, very emotional, but it does highlight the wonderful and caring work that everyone does at ellenor. Well done x

33. TogetherTVAdmin 5 months 3 weeks ago

Hi Nicky,

please feel free to check the following page as we regulary update it with the new episodes: www.togethertv.com/hospice

Many thanks!

34. Phil 6 months 1 day ago

My wife features in the series and some family members are unable to get Freeview 93 so I was wondering if it is possible to get the series on DVD?
    Many thanks

35. TogetherTVAdmin 5 months 3 weeks ago

Hi Phil,

many thanks for your message. I am afraid there is no DVD in the pipeline, but you are very welcome to record it from the telly/our VOD platforms.

Have a lovely day,

Francesca

36. Sue Mercer 5 months 1 week ago

I saw a trailer of the hospice for episode 10. I saw a little boy called JJ. How do I find the programme.

37. TogetherTVAdmin 4 months 3 weeks ago

Hi Sue,

please find here link to the page where you will be able to find the episode you are looking for: www.togethertv.com/hospice

Thanks and have a lovely day!