Have you managed to get all your materials? Because, it's time to get DIYing with Dave Wellman.
You can learn how to make a great planter with his step-by-step video tutorial.
How to build a planter
- Materials list:
- 2 scrap timber pieces 100 mm (wide) x 20 mm (thick) @ 300 mm (long)
- 2 scrap timber pieces 100 mm (wide) x 20 mm (thick) @ 400 mm (long)
- 6 pieces of jute string each 100 centimetres long
- 8 Screws
- 3 Old Jars
- For tools, you'll need:
- Sand paper
- Electric saw or a hand saw
- A drill
- A screwdriver (ideally electric)
- It's always handy to have:
- A pencil (and sharpener!)
- Tape measure
Step 1: Cut wood to length
Step 2: Drill the screw holes
Step 3: Sand and assemble
Step 4: Prepare and hang jars
Step 5: Personalise
Need help getting all the tools?
Remember, if you haven't got all the tools of materials you need, ask a neighbour or pop down to your local shed to get some help! Dave used Camden Town Men's Shed who were very friendly and were fully stocked on tea.
Want to learn more DIY tips?
You can watch a loads of DIY shows online for free via Together TV's streaming service, available on Apple and Android too.
We can't wait to see how you personalise your planters.
Have fun and good luck!
To the DIY Hub | Watch DIY shows online| Jump back to week 1 to see what materials you need to build this planter >>