TOGETHER WE CAN HELP FIND SUPPORT NEAR YOU
We really appreciate you turning to us for help during the cost-of-living crisis. We want to remind you that You Are Not Alone and together we can help find helping hand.
If you'd prefer to talk to us about finding help, we're just a phone call away. We are around Monday to Friday between 9.30am - 5.30pm and you can call us on 020 3196 1562.
Find your closest helping hand
You can use the map above to toggle between the help you need and find the closest branch to you.
- - Use the square icon with an arrow in the top left corner of the map to show you the legend of the map and tick/untick the help category you want to see.
- - Zoom in and out using the scroll button on your mouse or by pinching your fingers out.
Below we have listed some specific organisations to help with difference aspects of the cost-of-living crisis like Welcome Warm Spaces and Hubbub Fridges that can help you and bring you closer to your community.
Citizen's Advice can offer the best help for you during the cost-of-living crisis depending on where you're based, but there are lots of other organisations that you can call for specific help.
- - The UK Government has collated various advice for the cost-of-living support.
- - British Gas Energy Trust can give you specific help on energy supply.
- - OfCom has advice and help for saving money on your telephone and broadband bills.
- - Ground Works' Green Doctors are energy efficiency experts that can visit your home to help you save money and stay warm and well.
- - Warm Welcome has coordinated, equipped and supported thousands of free, warm, and welcoming spaces in communities across the UK. Working with churches and other faith groups, civil society organisations, businesses and Local Authorities, they want to make sure that nobody is left to suffer on their own this winter. Click the map below to find your closest one.
Many of us are feeling the pinch of the cost-of-living in our groceries shop and also access to meals. We have friends running food banks, others that can help with hot dinners and some that connect you to discounted prices.
- - FoodCycle hosts community meals up and down the country using surplus food. Find your closest FoodCycle using the map above for when the next community meal is hosted or to see how you can help.
- - FareShare also redistributes surplus food to charities to be made into community meals. Use the map to find your closest Fareshare or to see how they can help.
- - Trussell Trust supports thousands of food banks up and down the country, you can find information on finding a food bank on its website.
- - Your Local Pantry is a network of community run pantries that can help with missing groceries and food shops to help take a load off the burden.
- - Hubbub runs local community fridges which bring people together to eat, connect and upskill. Find your closest using the map above or check out their website for more information.
- - Too Good To Go's mission is to minimise food waste whilst saving money by collecting surplus food from local shops and restaurants for a heavily discounted price.
You may be feeling stressed and/or anxious during these difficult times. It is very valid and understandable. It is important to us that you are taking care of yourself too.
- Our friends at the Mental Health Foundation have some great advice to express those feelings and make actionable plans to working through them. It's important to keep doing the things that are good for your mental health like seeing friends, exercising and getting a good night's sleep.
- Charities like Mind, Mental Health MAtters and Mental Health Foundation have ltos of resources you can dip into.
- We have a whole page dedicated to mental health awareness and help.
To talk directly to someone:
- Call Samaritans on 116123
- Shout: Text MRF to 85258
- Papyrus Hopeline UK: 0800 068 4141
- NSPCC Childline: 0800 1111
We are thankful to our friends for spreading the word about our cost-of-living crisis help initiative and for getting us in touch with people who can help you.
Thank you to: