Together TV’s Diverse Film Fund – Terms & Conditions
This Fund is being run by Together TV (The Community Channel) to allocate five amounts of up to £20,000 towards the development, production and post-production/delivery costs of five short (twenty-minute) documentaries along with mentorship, broadcast and digital distribution. All short documentaries need to be produced, completed and delivered to Together TV by midday Monday 26 August 2022.
1. The application period will run in from midday 1 March 2022 until 12pm Thursday 31 March 2022.
2. Proposals can only be submitted via www.togethertv.com/together-tvs-diverse-film-fund-2022, unless alternatives are required for accessibility purposes (filmmakers can get in touch via Together TV’s main landline and on [email protected]).
3. Proposals must be submitted by 12pm Thursday 31 March 2022 (Closing Date).
4. Individuals and companies can apply. Each proposal can be submitted only once, however there is no restriction on submitting multiple proposals.
5. Proposals will be judged in accordance with the selection process set out in these terms and conditions (Terms). The successful applicants (Producers) are responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the funds and support in accordance with these Terms, and if they are unable to do so, Together TV reserves the right to reselect and reallocate the funding.
6. Submitting proposals is free but applicants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their individual arrangements for internet access.
7. This Fund is only open to nominees aged 18 or over at the time of submission who reside in, and primarily live in, the UK.
8. This Fund is open to all emerging filmmakers and production companies. Together TV particularly encourage applicants who identify as or consider themselves allies within Queer, LGBTQ+ communities. Individual applicants must not have more than three previous broadcast credits as Director or Producer and production companies must not have more than three TV broadcast credits.
9. Employees of Together TV, their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with this Fund (including the judging panel and third-party promotional partners) are excluded from applying to this Fund.
10. Together TV reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude any party and withhold funds for violating any of these Terms. Together TV reserve the right to amend these Terms and any amendments to them will be published on the Promoter’s website.
11. Proposals submitted after the Closing Date will not be valid.
12. Incomplete, false, or fraudulent proposals or those that do not conform to all terms of the Eligibility Criteria will be invalid.
13. Producers agree to allow the free use of their name, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by Together TV.
14. If any individual or production company is determined to have actually or allegedly breached any of these Terms, they may be disqualified. If any Producer is disqualified, Together TV reserves the right to select another Producer via the relevant judging panel.
Application Form Criteria:
15. You promise that your proposal is legitimate, and you have the rights to submit your proposal under these Terms.
16. You promise that your entry will not be or contain material which Together TV deems to be defamatory, libelous or slanderous, or which might embarrass someone or invade their privacy, or be vulgar, tasteless or obscene, racist, abusive, malicious or derogatory toward an individual or business entity, or be otherwise inappropriate.
17. You promise that all the information entered on the application form is true and accurate
18. You promise that all production staff will be paid fairly
19. You promise that you will be able to develop, produce, post-produce and deliver your proposed short documentary to Together TV by midday Monday 26 August 2022 Selection Process
20. A shortlisting panel from Together TV (Shortlisting Panel) will shortlist all valid proposals down to 10, based on the following shortlisting criteria:
- a. does the entry meet the Eligibility Criteria set out above; and
- b. how the documentary reflects Queer & LGBTQ+ communities in the UK today
- c. the originality of the concept and creativity of the execution d. the effectiveness of the proposal to create positive change and impact audiences
21. The 10 shortlisted proposals will be put forward to our Judging Panel. This Panel will include industry experts along with Together TV staff. At this point we will request a budget from each of the 10 shortlisted applications. Further information, such as Producer CVs or any available promo/sizzle reels, may be requested.
22. The Judging Panel will judge the 10 proposals in accordance with the following judging criteria:
- a. How the documentary reflects Queer & LGBTQ+ communities in the UK today
- b. Demonstration of some prior filmmaking experience, understanding of working with contributors and delivering to deadlines
- c. The originality of the concept and creativity of the execution, including story development and creating a strong narrative
- d. The effectiveness of the films message and the ability of the film to impact a wider audience
- e. How realistic the budget is and whether it ensures everyone is being paid fairly
- f. Understanding of Together TV’s audience and how the film addresses this audience
- g. Alignment with Together TV’s channel ethos to inspire positive change
23. The five selected Producers will be decided on a majority vote by the Judging Panel.
24. Producers shall be notified by telephone on the week commencing Monday 18th April and will be informed of the details of how to receive the production fee and support. Production Funding, Mentoring and Support
25. The Funding, Mentoring and Support per Producer are:
- a. Up to £20,000 towards the development, production, post-production and delivery costs of a 20-minute short documentary, which will be paid in three instalments when invoiced; £8,000 initial payment to fund pre-production and production, a £7,000 second payment to fund production and post-production and £5,000 upon delivery of the completed film.
- b. a shared aggregate total of 8 hours of mentoring time from industry mentors across the pre-production, production and post-production (April to August 2022). Times, dates, details and method of such advice and/or mentoring is at the sole discretion of Together TV and subject to availability; and
- c. each short documentary to be broadcast on Together TV on TV, VOD, and online in November 2022. Together TV is a national TV channel on Freeview 83, Sky 170, Virgin Media 269 and Freesat 164 and has 4m monthly viewers. The films will also be made available online and to our 2m monthly social media audience.
27. There is no additional cash or other alternative to the Funds states and the Funds are not transferable and no part of the Fund may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
28. The Shortlisting Panel and Final Panel’s decision is binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
29. Together TV will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections, which may limit or prohibit an applicant's ability to submit a proposal.
30. Completion and submission of the application form or consenting will be deemed acceptance of these Terms.
31. Together TV serve the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede these Terms if, in their sole discretion, this process is not capable for being conducted as specified.
32. Together TV reserves the right to disqualify proposals that do not meet the criteria. In the event of a dispute, the decision of Together TV shall be final and legally binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
33. Whilst Together TV will make all reasonable endeavours to broadcast the Producers completed films on its TV and/or social media channels, it reserves the right not to do so if for technical or editorial reasons it deems them unsuitable for broadcast.
34. If any provision or part of these Terms are deemed void or otherwise unenforceable in law, then that provision or part shall be deemed excluded and the remainder of these Terms shall remain in force.
35. The Terms, the conduct of this competition and the interpretation and enforcement of these Terms shall be exclusively governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Applicants irrevocably submit to the courts of England.
36. The Community Channel operating as Together TV is a charitable Community Benefit Society registered with the FCA (RS007400)