Have you just seen one of our Queer Lives Today documentaries and have more questions? Together with the filmmakers, we have gathered some resources to help you understand more about their film topic, support the community or find support for yourself.
Mermaids Really Do Exist by Anna Mouzouri
- ► Merfolk UK: MerfolkUK is also important as they organised MerCon and have lots of great resources for anyone wanting to be a mermaid. Merfolk UK
- ► Freediving courses: FreediveUK – Learn to freedive – Freediving and spearfishing courses in the UK
- ► Stonewall: https://www.stonewall.org.uk/
- ► River Action UK, campaigning for less water pollution in the UK organised the relay that mermaid Kaia competed in.
- ► SpaceYouth are a great charity for LGBT people in Dorset to find communities
- ► LGBTYouth for Scotland.
Come Out Fighting by Tom Gaisford
- ► Knock Out Boxing - A friendly nonprofit boxing club for London's LGBTQ+ community & friends. Knockout LGBTQ + Boxing London (knockoutboxinglgbt.com)
- ► Pride Sports - working solely to challenge homophobia, biphobia and transphobia in sport and improve access to sport for LGBT+ people. https://pridesports.org.uk/
- ► Bender Defenders - Jill references this organisation, which is a new community empowerment self defence movement confronting rising hate crime.
Always, Asifa by Shiva Raichandani
- Mind Out - LGBTQ+
- Sikh Your Mind - Sikh
- Mermaids - Trans + NB folk
- Taraki - Punjabi
- Ekta - South Asians in Harrow
- Hayaan Project - Somali community in Harrow
- Aawaz - South Asian women
- Muslim Youth Helpline - Muslim Youth
- BAATN - Black, African and Asian therapy services
- Gendered Intelligence - Trans charity
- Inclusive Mosque - Intersectional feminist mosque
Love, Dad and Daddy by Ross Adams